Temple Unviersity Launches OwlCrowd
Temple University is proud to announce the launch of OwlCrowd, a new way for donations, big and small, to add up and make a significant impact.
OwlCrowd is designed to give donors a way of making gifts that will have the most bang for their buck. It puts front-and-center a few grassroots, outside-the-box projects at Temple that make an incredible difference – projects that may fall under the radar of traditional funding streams or larger-gift donors. OwlCrowd ensures they can continue to exist, thrive and grow.
The six featured projects for this pilot launch (through September 30), and the specific ways that your donation can make a difference, are:
- Seed grants for student entrepreneurs. $5,000 ensures another student can put his or her big idea into practice.
- Student-run vertical herb garden. $2,000 ensures the expansion and continued maintenance of this sustainability project that serves Johnson and Hardwick Dining Hall.
- Textbook fund for the Russell Conwell Center. $5,000 will support the RCC’s textbook lending library.
- Leadership development for high-achieving students. $2,250 will send three additional student to a LeaderShape training academy.
- Temple 20/20 Scholarships $2,500 will gift an incoming student from the four zip codes surrounding Main Campus a scholarship.
- Scholarships for veterans. $2,500 will provide one additional scholarship to an incoming student who has served in the United States armed forces.
OwlCrowd is the vehicle. You are the difference. Join Temple University's crowdfunding community and ensure that your gift has a big impact. Learn more, and make your gift, at giving.temple.edu/OwlCrowd.
If you have an idea for a new OwlCrowd fundraising project, email OwlCrowd@temple.edu.